Receiving Requests for Nauticus Ticket Donations
Nauticus is a certified 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. However, Nauticus is pleased to support other local nonprofit 501(c)3 organizations by donating tickets to assist with fundraising efforts. Due to the volume of requests received, organizations must meet the program guidelines to be considered. Local nonprofit organizations may submit requests for up to one (1) event per year. Donated tickets are valued at $16.00 each and are valid for one year after the issue date.
Please note: Effective February 1, 2022, Nauticus will no longer accept requests via phone, fax, mail or email. All requests must be submitted via our online form at least two months in advance of your event for consideration.
Before you fill out this form, please read through the guidelines below to see if your organization qualifies. All areas must be filled out completely for us to process your request.
- Nauticus will not accept donation requests via email, fax or phone.
- All requests must be made by completing an online “Ticket Donation Request Form” that can be filled out below.
- Organizations and events must be from the local Hampton Roads area.
- Proof of 501(c)(3) status must be submitted with the request.
- All requests must be received at least two months in advance of the date of the event for which you are requesting the donation.
- Nauticus grants donation requests for specific events such as raffles or auctions that raise funds for a charitable cause.
- Priority is given to nonprofit organizations with a STEAM education focus.
- Only one request per organization per calendar year will be considered.
- Nauticus does not donate tickets to be used as incentives, for re-sale, thank-you gifts, door prizes, for entertainment purposes, to fundraisers that benefit an individual or individual families, or employee incentive programs *Unless the organization is a corporate member of Nauticus
- The purpose of the event must not be contrary to Nauticus’ mission: to benefit the community through education, impactful experiences and by sharing access to maritime resources
- Nauticus reserves the right to request the return of any item and donations will be made at Nauticus’ discretion.
- All approved donations must be picked up from Nauticus. Donations will not be mailed.
The requesting organization will receive notification indicating that the request has been declined.
The requesting organization will receive notification indicating that the request has been approved; passes will be left at the front desk of the museum to be picked up at Will Call.
Please allow ample time when submitting your request.