Spend the Summer at Nauticus
Thank you for a great summer! Stay tuned for more camps!
Is your camper ready for an adventure packed summer along the downtown, Norfolk Waterfront? Nauticus Summer Camp combines fun and games with exciting, hands-on STEM to STERN activities, experiments, museum and Battleship Wisconsin exploration and the opportunity to learn how to sail!
The Design. Build. Sail. sessions, recommended for-first timers, is open to all children ages 8-13. Experienced sailors or past camp attendees, ages 12-15, are encouraged to build on their sailing skills by attending the Sail Voyagers sessions. Full session details are listed below.
2022 Summer Camps
Design. Build. Sail.
Campers will sail on the Elizabeth River, build underwater robots, explore our new summer traveling exhibition.
Campers will spend time exploring the Elizabeth River and its tributaries during this advanced sailing camp week.
Summer Camp FAQs
Nauticus continues to monitor health conditions regarding COVID-19 as we receive guidance from state and local officials as we plan our 2022 summer camps.
The following safeguards and procedures will be in place, and we will modify as guidelines are updated. Updated July 2022:
- Social distancing may not be possible in all activities. Face coverings are encouraged when inside facilities.
- Frequent opportunities for hand washing/hand sanitizer will be scheduled throughout the day.
- Campers should bring lunches in labeled coolers and water bottles to stay hydrated. The majority of our activities will take place outside where risk of transmission is lower—water bottles will help campers remain hydrated.
If you have any questions at this time, please let us know. We thank you for your understanding and continued support of Nauticus programming.
Nauticus Members: In order to receive your Nauticus Member discount, members must click “Sign In” in the upper right corner prior to placing tickets in your shopping cart. If you have not yet registered, click the “Register” link in the upper right corner and register with the SAME email address that you provided when becoming a member. Once registered and signed in, the member discount will be applied to the camp registration and reflected in the total amount at checkout. Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-664-1005.
We will make every attempt to reschedule your child’s camp experience. However, if you need to cancel or reschedule for any reason, changes are subject to a $25 processing fee.
Refunds will be made according to the timeline below:
- Cancellations made more than 4 weeks in advance of the scheduled start date of camp are entitled to a full refund minus the $25 processing fee.
- Cancellations made less than 4 weeks and more than 1 week in advance of the scheduled start date camp are entitled to a 50% refund of the camp tuition minus the $25 processing fee.
- Cancellations made less than 1 week in advance of the scheduled camp start date are non-refundable.
No refunds or discounts will be made for missed classes, vacation days or dismissal from the program.
Design, Build, Sail. is for children 8-13 years of age, or rising 3rd through 8th graders. Sail Voyagers is for children 12-15 years of age, or rising 7th through 10th graders, with some prior sailing experience.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the camp, we cannot allow campers younger than rising 3rd graders to participate in Design. Build. Sail. We appreciate your interest and ask that you please remember us as your child grows!
We will be happy to add your child to our waitlist for camp in the next or upcoming years if they do not meet the age criteria. Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
All proceeds from Summer Camp support the Nauticus Foundation. The Nauticus Foundation is the 501(c)3 nonprofit of Nauticus, all funds are used to support Nauticus’ mission to benefit the community through education, impactful experiences and by sharing access to maritime resources. Learn more about the Nauticus Foundation here.