There’s no comparing the awe-inspiring nature of a museum visit to a typical day in the classroom. Bring your students to experience hands-on, real world examples of science and the maritime industry. On site field trips include self-guided tours of the Museum and the Battleship Wisconsin, access to traveling exhibitions and more.
Field Trip Opportunities
Choose from a wide range of education programs to best suit your students needs.
Interactive learning awaits for early learners to high school learners. Meet our educators in real time and dive in to S.T.E.M. topics and fun activities.
on your Campus
We know that going off campus for field trips can be difficult. That’s why our outreach educators lead highly engaging programs that can come directly to your school.
Sail Nauticus – Harbor 20’s
Learn the art and STEM principles behind sailing. Ideal for groups of 6-20 students.
SChooner Virginia Tall Ship
Explore the Elizabeth River aboard the historic Schooner Virginia Tall Ship. Ideal for 20-55 students.
- Explore traveling exhibitions – see what’s on display now!
- Tour the largest and last Battleship built by the U.S. Navy.
- Watch the earth from 22,000 miles away on our Science on a Sphere.
- Learn about Sharks in the Shark Lab and Horseshoe Crabs in Horseshoe Crab Cove.
- Learn the art and science behind sailing featuring a fleet our Harbor 20’s at Sail Nauticus and the historic tall ship, Schooner Virginia.
- Shop in the Banana Pier Gift Shop
Nauticus offers onsite, outreach and virtual programming opportunities for youth and adults.
FiELD Trip Pricing & Policies
Be sure to review our policies and procedures to ensure your and your students have a successful museum experience.
Student Access Program
Nauticus offers financial assistance to qualifying schools for Museum field trips and educational programming.