Frequently Asked Questions
What safety measures are you following?
- We will sell online timed tickets, operate at less than 30% limit capacity
- Guest over the age of 5 will be required to wear masks and physical distance
- Physical distancing signage is installed throughout Nauticus and on the Battleship
- 90% of this experience will be outdoors on the deck of the Battleship Wisconsin almost 3 football fields in length
- Additional hand sanitizing stations are located throughout Nauticus and on the Battleship
What does my WinterFest ticket include?
WinterFest on the Wisconsin tickets include:
- Access to the holiday lights trail (Over 250,000 lights along a one-way route aboard the Battleship)
- Access to a one-way route interior “WinterFest” tour of the Battleship Wisconsin
- Live Entertainment (Live music, strolling performers and an Elf DJ for families)
- Santa Sightings (Santa will periodically pop up aboard the Battleship Wisconsin throughout the night)
- Tree Lighting (Every night we are open, a 20ft tall tree Christmas will be lit at 5:30 PM and 7 PM)
- Holiday Drinks & Food for Purchase
- **Saturday’s Only – Lighted Boat Parade at 6 PM
Once you arrive on at your designated time, you are able to stay for the duration of the event.
What dates/time are you open?
WinterFest on the Wisconsin is open on the following days/times:
Nov. 21 – 6 PM – 10 PM
Nov. 22 – 4 PM – 9 PM
Nov. 27 – 4 PM – 10 PM
Nov. 28 – 4 PM – 10 PM
Nov. 29 – 4 PM – 9 PM
Dec. 5 – 4 PM – 10 PM
Dec. 6 – 4 PM – 9 PM
Dec. 12 – 4 PM – 10 PM
Dec. 13 – 4 PM – 9 PM
Dec. 19 4 PM – 10 PM
Dec. 20 – 4 PM – 9 PM
Dec. 21 – 4 PM – 10 PM
Dec. 22 – 4 PM – 10 PM
Dec. 23 – 4 PM – 10 PM
Dec. 24 – 4 PM – 7 PM
Dec. 25 CLOSED
Dec. 26 – 4 PM – 10 PM
Dec. 27 – 4 PM – 9 PM
Dec. 28 – 4 PM – 10 PM
Dec. 29 – 4 PM – 10 PM
Dec. 30 – 4 PM – 10 PM
Dec. 31 – 4 PM – 7 PM
What does the lighted sailboat parade on Saturdays ONLY entail?
During WinterFest on the Wisconsin Saturday’s, Nauticus’ harbor 20 sailboats will be decorated in holiday lights and will sail in and out of the river next to the Battleship Wisconsin with holiday music. The parade will last approximately 20 mins and the end of each parade will feature Santa. Tickets are not required to watch the parade but we do suggest having a ticket to board the ship to get the best view.
The sailboat parade is weather permitting and not guaranteed.
What are the prices of tickets?
- General Admission – $12.50 Adult/$10 Child
- Nauticus Member Discount – $9.50 Adult / $7 Child (Available to current members only, interested in joining? Sign Up Today!)
All tickets sales and proceeds from WinterFest on the Wisconsin support the Nauticus Foundation.
Do I have to purchase my ticket online in advance?
We strongly recommend purchasing your timed tickets in advance online to guarantee your entry during your preferred time slot. A limited number of tickets are sold during each time slot. Advance purchase and timed ticketing will help to manage the crowd and expedite your entry to the event.
To purchase tickets, simply choose your selected date and time on our calendar here. Once purchased, you will receive two emails, first email will confirm your purchase followed by a second email containing your e-ticket with a bar-code. Simply display your e-ticket with bar-code on your phone to be scanned upon arrival.
How do I purchase tickets? Where can I find my e-ticket with bar-code?
To purchase tickets online, simply choose your selected date and time on our calendar here. Once purchased, you will receive two emails, first email will confirm your purchase followed by a second email containing your e-ticket with a bar-code. Simply display your e-ticket with bar-code on your phone to be scanned upon arrival.
Tickets will be available for purchase at the front desk but each time slot is limited in capacity. The best way to ensure tickets are available is to purchase online.
Do I have to arrive at the time on my ticket?
Yes, please arrive within 15 minutes of your scheduled ticket time. Re-entry to the event will not be allowed.
How long does the WinterFest experience take?
WinterFest is a 45 minute to one hour experience. Our goal is a provide a safe experience for all guests and this recommended timeline is based on appropriate capacity limits and accommodates other guests who have booked their experience after yours. If you’re aboard the ship and would like to stay longer than the recommended time, that is allowed.
Can I reschedule or return my tickets?
Winterfest on the Wisconsin is a rain or shine event and will occur as scheduled. There are no refunds and tickets cannot be rescheduled. If there is a cancellation of the event due to severe weather conditions or shutdown required by COVID19 regulations and guidelines, participants will be contacted by Nauticus regarding refunds and reschedules.
All proceeds to Winterfest on the Wisconsin directly support the Nauticus Foundation. Thank you for your support.
Where will this event be held? Can I use a stroller or Wheelchair?
Most of this event will be on the main deck of the Battleship Wisconsin. These areas are Wheelchair accessible.
Due to limited space and some below deck areas, strollers are not allowed on the battleship during WinterFest. We recommend baby carriers. We will provide a stroller parking area on the second floor to be used at your own risk.
There are parts of the experience that require ability to maneuver ship ladders. Guests with accessibility limitations can easily meet back up with their party at the Take Notes light zone.
Do you offer discounts?
Thanks to our generous sponsor, GEICO Military, the following discount is available:
- $1 off one adult or child ticket for Geico Insurance Policy Holders. (Discount applies to the policy holder only, discount can be redeemed in person at the Nauticus front desk by showing a valid insurance card).
What should I wear?
This is an outdoor event. Please dress for the weather and to stay warm.
Will there be food and Drink?
Yes! There will be snacks and full dinner items available for purchase. Hot chocolate, craft beer, wine, cider and cocktails will be available for purchase as well.
Will I be able to visit Santa?
Santa will make special appearances throughout each night of WinterFest up until December 24th (then he’s got important business to attend to ? ).
Where can I park?
There is free 2-hour street parking or you can park in any City garage for the hourly fee posted at the garage.
Nauticus & Sail Nauticus Membership - Discount Details
All Nauticus & Sail Nauticus Members:
To secure your WinterFest on the Wisconsin discount, please reserve your time slots here.
In order to receive your discount, you must complete the following steps:
1. Make sure you are registered for our website. Your user name is the email provided on your membership application. When registration is complete. Log-out.
2. Log back into your account.
3. Navigate to the WinterFest page on the main site.
4. Select the date and time of your visit and order tickets. Add tickets to your cart. Number and ticket type are based on your membership
5. Review your order.
6. Complete order: You should receive a confirmation email with e-ticket links
Please call (757) 664-1005 with any questions.
What do WinterFest on the Wisconsin Proceeds Support?
All proceeds from WinterFest on the Wisconsin support the Nauticus Foundation. The Nauticus Foundation is the 501(c)3 nonprofit of Nauticus, all funds are used to support Nauticus’ mission to benefit the community through education, impactful experiences and by sharing access to maritime resources. Learn more about the Nauticus Foundation here.
We are happy to answer any questions regarding WinterFest on the Wisconsin! Please contact the Nauticus Team.