Group Tour Details
Upon arrival, all visitors will receive a map of the building and a program schedule. You are able to visit the museum and Battleship at your own pace, unless you have a scheduled education program or guided tour. We recommend 2-3 hours to tour the facility.
- Memorial Day – Labor Day: Open Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sundays , 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Rest of the year: Closed Mondays, Open Tuesday – Saturday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Sunday, Noon – 5 p.m.
- Nauticus and the Battleship Wisconsin are closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Please call for other holiday hours.
- Closing procedures for the Battleship Wisconsin begin 15 minutes before close and the ship will be closed in the event of inclement weather.
- Call Linda Harmon in Group Sales at (757) 664-1034 or Request Group Sales Information online for pricing and reservations. Please schedule your program or tour at least two weeks in advance. Once your reservation is made, a confirmation letter will be sent to you. Please review our Group Policies.
- There is no on-site parking at Nauticus, although you may load/unload your vehicles in our front traffic circle. The city offers complimentary off-site parking for motorcoaches, school buses and commercial vans at nearby Harbor Park stadium located approximately 8 blocks away. Hourly parking is available in nearby city garages for a fee. View Parking Information Sheet.
Length of Visit:
- We recommend 2-3 hours to tour Nauticus & Battleship Wisconsin
- Nauticus can either provide box lunches for your group or can store your groups bag lunches with advance notice based on availability of space that day. Your group may have lunch either on our covered front deck or in Town Point Park adjacent to Nauticus. Box lunches are available with advanced notice.
Recommended Tour Route
The first floor of Nauticus features our admissions area, restrooms, lockers, Dockside Café and the Banana Pier Gift Shop.
Your group will take the People Mover from the first floor to the third floor to experience Nauticus! You will first visit Our Mighty Seaport interactive exhibit which explores the world of maritime commerce. Discover what’s being shipped in and out of our ports, navigate a tugboat and venture outside to the Elizabeth River Observation Deck. Next, you will visit our changing exhibits gallery currently featuring Guns Sweat and Gears: Anatomy of a Battleship. Your self guided tour will then take you into 1907: The Jamestown Exposition and the Launching of the Steel Navy exhibit, aquariums featuring touch tank and shark tank, Science on a Sphere and our large screen HD 3D Theater (included in admission!).
After touring the third floor, take the stairs or the elevator to the second floor to watch the 6 minute dramatic film Forward to Freedom and learn about the history of the Battleship and how it was brought to Norfolk, then make your way out to tour Battleship Wisconsin! Your ticket will allow you to tour the main deck of the ship, wardroom and Officer’s Quarters inside the ship and you can climb down a ladder inside the ship to the second deck to visit the chapel, dental offices, post office, berthing areas and more. The second floor is also home to the Hampton Roads Naval Museum.