Frequently Asked Questions
- In accordance with City of Norfolk guidelines, face masks are optional for all visitors while inside the facility, regardless of vaccination status.
- In support of a touch-free payment process, online ticket purchases are encouraged.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations are located throughout Nauticus and on the Battleship.
- We have increased cleaning protocols throughout the campus.
Starting July 1, 2022, Nauticus will offer all EBT/SNAP/VA Medicaid card holders $3 admission (for up to 4 guests in their group). Visitors must show their EBT/SNAP/ VA Medicaid card to the front desk with photo ID to receive the discounted rate.
All 50 states EBT/Snap card will be accepted, not just Virginia. However, Nauticus will only accept VA Medicaid cards. Tickets must be purchased on-site.
This admission does not include tickets to special events, tours – only valid for general admission. All admission tickets are non-refundable and are unable to be rescheduled (including special promotion days).
For more information, please visit the Museums for All website.
Nauticus hours of operation are Monday through Saturday, from 10 AM to 5 PM, and on Sunday from Noon until 5PM.
We encourage visitors to purchase tickets online in advance. General Admission tickets include access to museum exhibits, the spacious outdoor decks of the Battleship Wisconsin.
General Admission includes free exploration inside Nauticus, the spacious outdoor decks of the Battleship Wisconsin, as well as instructor led educational activities and interpretation.
You should plan at least 1-2 hours to visit Nauticus exhibits and the Battleship Wisconsin.
Tour reservations may be made after a general admission ticket here, and can be secured up to two weeks in advance. A limited number of tours will be available throughout the day to accommodate visitor in small groups.
If you are a Nauticus member, please sign-in to receive your discount on tours. Learn more
There is metered street parking or you can park in any City garage for the hourly fee posted at the garage.
In case of severe thunderstorms, lightning, or heavy rain, the Battleship Wisconsin will close all or some areas for safety reasons and will remain closed until storms clear the area. Some tours will also be rescheduled.
Seniors 55+ receive $1.00 off general admission. Active Duty Military and Veterans receive $3.00 off general admission. Offers only valid at front desk with valid ID. Active Duty Military and Veteran discount does not apply to dependents/family members.
We are unable to any accept coupons online or onsite at this time.
All admission tickets are non-refundable and are unable to be rescheduled (including special promotion days).
All Nauticus Members:
Reservations for general admission are not required by members. Please download your digital card to your apple or google wallet and have the card ready to be scanned to admit entry upon arrival to Nauticus.
In order to receive your 25% off guest tickets and tour discounts, you must complete the following steps:
1. Make sure you are registered for our website. Your user name is the email provided on your membership application. When registration is complete. Log-out.
2. Log back into your account.
3. Navigate to the Hours and Ticks page or click the “Get Tickets” button on the main site.
4. Select the date and time of your visit and order tickets. Add tickets to your cart. Number and ticket type are based on your membership
5. Review your order.
6. Complete order: You should receive a confirmation email with e-ticket links
7. Adding a tour? Discounts should automatically apply once items are in your cart.
Virginia and North Carolina licensed teachers may bring their valid ID to the Nauticus admissions desk for one (1) free adult admission into Nauticus & the Battleship Wisconsin.
Except where noted, photography for personal use is allowed with hand-held cameras and monopods inside the museum galleries. Tripods, external lights, and drones may not be used without prior permission from the museum’s Marketing Department. For commercial, portrait photography, and video, please contact Marketing at email@example.com.
We are happy to answer any questions regarding our reopening! Please contact the Nauticus Team.