Learn to Sail
US Sailing’s Basic Keelboat Certification Course
Earn a U.S. Sailing Basic Keelboat Certification–the industry’s best–taught by our certified instructors. At the end of our course, you’ll walk away with a solid understanding of sailing upon completion of our course.
Choose the option which fits your schedule! Learn to Sail courses are offered as weekend courses which run
- Friday Evening-Sunday Afternoon (Friday 6 – 9 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) OR
- A Multi-Week Session, during which you meet two nights a week (Wednesday and Friday, from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.) for the duration of three weeks.
Your Learn to Sail incorporates the follow activities: boat orientation and safety overview, on the water sailing instruction, classroom material discussions, and test review. The program culminates with the US Sailing Basic Keelboat test and conference of your Basic Keelboat certification!
Learn to Sail faqs
- Learn to Sails are offered seasonally from April-October on select days/time throughout these months. Book Now
- Price includes the cost of classroom materials, as well as a 1-year membership to US Sailing (National Governing Body for the sport of sailing).
- We keep our class sizes small (no more than 8).
We will make every attempt to reschedule your experience. However, if you need to cancel or reschedule for any reason, changes are subject to a $25 processing fee.
Refunds will be made according to the timeline below:
- Cancellations made more than 4 weeks in advance of the scheduled start date of your sailing experience are entitled to a full refund minus the $25 processing fee.
- Cancellations made less than 4 weeks and more than 1 week in advance of the scheduled start date are entitled to a 50% refund of the program fee minus the $25 processing fee.
- Cancellations made less than 1 week in advance of the scheduled start date are non-refundable.
No refunds or discounts will be made for missed classes, vacation days or dismissal from the program.
- We sail in the rain.
- We do not sail in thunder and lightning.
- We do not sail in high winds.