Are You Ready to Level Up? Nauticus to Explore the Art & Science of Video Games
Visitors will test their skills and explore over 120 of the most influential video games.
Norfolk, VA.– On Saturday, January 28, Nauticus’ 6500 square foot exhibit gallery will be transformed into a one-of-a-kind video game arcade with the opening of the international exhibit, Game Changers.
Developed and produced by subject experts from Ingenium – Canada’s Science and Technology Museum, and managed by Science North, Game Changers takes visitors on a fascinating journey to discover how innovation has shaped the video game industry while exploring 120 of the most influential games.
“This exhibit has a universal appeal,” said Stephen Kirkland, Nauticus’ CEO & President “I’m pumped up to play Pac Man, my eleven-year-old daughter can’t wait to learn more about Sonic, and video game afficionados will love the more in-depth tech exhibits. Our team plans to host video game competitions, event nights and more for the community to get their game on!”
Game Changers Highlights Include:
- 16 playable games featuring Pac-Man, Tetris, Super Mario Bros, Angry Birds, Guitar Hero, Sonic and more.
- Step inside a game and create your own video game character – using Kinect technology.
- Discover original concept art, storyboards, level designs, and scripts of some of the mostinfluential games ever developed.
- Listen to experts from the industry explain how they develop the games you love.
- Explore technologies game creators use to develop storylines, graphics, gameplay, and audio.
• Experiment with augmented and virtual reality to see how these technologies may alter the gaming experience and more!
Most importantly, leave your quarters at home! Access to Game Changers is included in Nauticus admission. As always, Nauticus members are free. Game Changers will open at 11 a.m. on January 28th, 2023, to the public and will run at Nauticus through April 30, 2023.
Plan Your Visit
Nauticus will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Saturdays and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
Paid admission includes access to the Nauticus museum, special programming, and the Battleship Wisconsin. As always, Nauticus members are free. Tickets and additional details are available online here.
About Ingenium – Canada’s Science and Technology Museum
Ingenium – Canada’s Science and Technology Museum tells Canada’s innovation story in an immersive, educational, and fun way. To learn more, please visit https://ingeniumcanada.org/scitech.
Game Changers and additional exhibits are supported by the Nauticus Foundation. The Nauticus Foundation is the nonprofit, 501©3 that supports the mission and activities of Nauticus. Nauticus’ mission is to benefit the community through education, impactful experiences, and sharing access to maritime resources.
For more information, visit www.nauticus.org.