NAUTICUS FOUNDATION EMPLOYMENT
Gift Shop Associate
Established in 1994, Nauticus is a maritime discovery center that hosts 350,000 visitors annually and is home to the Nauticus Museum, Sail Nauticus sailing center, Schooner Virginia, the Battleship Wisconsin and the Half Moone Cruise Terminal. Nauticus’ mission is to benefit the community through education, impactful experiences and by sharing access to maritime resources.
Responsible for a variety of tasks related to selling, service, stock maintenance, receiving and display of items for sale in the Nauticus Gift Shop. Support our Nauticus mission by enhancing the visitor experience through expert customer service. Drive sales revenue to support museum programs. This is a part-time position. Employee discount and designated parking garage validation included with employment.
Reports to the Assistant Store Manager.
- Greets and engages guests in dialogue to provide information about our products and services
- Responsible for performing a variety of tasks in a specialty gift shop related to selling, customer service, stock maintenance, and merchandising
- Process sales transactions; perform store opening and closing functions
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Working knowledge of cash management
- Working knowledge of computer functions and cash register/credit card terminal
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Works as part of a diverse sales team and with diverse audiences and age groups.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment under time constraints
- Strong communication skills to receive customer concerns and answer in a calm and effective manner
- Organizational skills; inventory management; and some merchandising knowledge
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling up to 50 lbs. Able to stand and/or walk for more than four hours per day.
- May require work in tight spaces and use of ladders to obtain merchandise or access to work locations
- Part-time work schedule varying between the operating hours of Tuesday thru Saturday 9am-5:30pm and Sunday 11am-5:30pm. Some nights and holidays may be required for special events.
Prior experience in retail customer service.
FLSA status: This is a non-exempt position.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. From time to time, the supervisor will ask job holder to perform additional duties related to the completion of the work.
TO APPLY Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please include Banana Pier Gift Shop and Gift Shop Associate in the subject line. No phone calls, please – only applicants being considered for interviews will be contacted.