NAUTICUS FOUNDATION EMPLOYMENT
Annual Giving and Events Manager
Nauticus’ mission is to inspire, engage and educate our community with impactful experiences and STEM focused programs relating to the maritime world. The Nauticus campus includes the museum, the historic Battleship Wisconsin, Sail Nauticus Sailing Center, Schooner Virginia and the Decker Half Moone Center.
The role of this position is to manage and grow Nauticus Foundation’s annual giving program and facilitate fundraising events. Responsibilities include managing annual giving campaigns; spearheading development-related events and activities; soliciting and stewarding sponsors and annual donors; identifying and cultivating corporate partners; managing consequential relationships with donors, sponsors and patrons; and creating memorable events for stakeholders.
The Annual Giving and Events Manager is a key position in the development department and will serve as an ambassador for the Nauticus Foundation at functions, events, meetings, and in public forums. Education is paramount to the Nauticus Foundation’s mission, vision and values. Thus, this position helps create meaningful experiences and develops lasting relationships that support and accentuate that vital mission. This position reports to Development Director.
Event Planning/Execution (50%):
- Plan, coordinate, and administer all development-related events, such as exhibition openings and other cultivation opportunities that deepen engagement with donors and prospects.
- Plan and execute Nauticus’ annual fundraising events, Frisky on the Wisky and Steel Beach Barbecue Classic.
- Successfully manage individual event budgets. Conduct post-event analyses to determine viability and assess lessons learned.
- Solicit event sponsorships by matching donor/corporate goals with event objectives and opportunities.
- Maintain/create productive vendor and partner relationships.
- Galvanize and inspire staff and volunteers by creating a true team dynamic for events and development-related experiences
Annual Fund (35%)
- Collaborate with the Development Director to create and implement an annual development plan and communications calendar.
- Develop and implement comprehensive direct mail strategy, including quarterly direct mail solicitations to be sent to a broad range of current and prospective donors, including members.
- Utilize multiple giving channels, including recurring gifts and online giving opportunities, to increase fundraising results.
- Develop and implement comprehensive fundraising strategy for members.
- Grow Nauticus’ “Navigator’s Circle” and Corporate Membership programs.
- Solicit of corporate support for specific programs and activities, such as Nauticus’ educational theme days.
Donor Relations (15%):
- Build lasting, significant relationships through consistent communication, meaningful recognition, and stewardship.
- Serve as “brand ambassador” at events and development-related experiences.
- Assist with gift processing, development and fulfillment of donor benefits, gift recognition, donor correspondence and mailings.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree and two to three years of successful annual fund and fundraising event management experience.
- Critical thinking to create and implement strategies for different constituencies.
- Experience in building strong relationships with annual donors.
- Working knowledge of database management.
- Working knowledge of standard software programs, Excel, Word, social media platforms and other industry-specific tools.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and local maritime community.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Team player able to establish partnerships across the Nauticus campus and with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to be discrete and adhere to a strict code of ethics.
- Creativity in building exciting donor engagement strategies.
This is an office- based position with minimal physical requirements (such as the ability to lift 25lbs).
Occasional nights, weekends and holiday work will be required.
Salary based on experience and skills. Benefits include health, vision, dental, IRA, paid time off, holidays. This position is currently open and will close on Feb. 28, 2020.
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Rehn West, Development Director at email@example.com noting in the subject line “Annual Giving and Events Manager”.