Update on COVID-19
We care about the health of our guests, staff, and volunteers.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, the entire Nauticus Campus—Nauticus, Battleship Wisconsin, Peter G. Decker Half Moone Center, and Sail Nauticus—will be closed to the public until further notice. Additional closure time may be forthcoming as we are following the operational guidelines established by the City of Norfolk as well as the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Although our front doors are closed, our virtual doors are wide open! During our closure, you can stay in contact with us via our:
- Virtual Adventures, live on Facebook weekdays at 11 a.m. and our additional social media channels to include instagram and twitter.
- Website, below you’ll find engaging videos, behind the scene tours and interactive opportunities to keep you and your family engaged in science learning as well as operational updates.
- Email, email@example.com. We’ll reply quickly to your questions or concerns.
What does this closure mean?
If you have a confirmed program, tour or event scheduled, you will be contacted by Nauticus staff to reschedule. Otherwise, please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be assured that our aquaria will receive uninterrupted care from our aquarists during the closure.
Nauticus Members: We value your support. We will be offering extend expiration dates on your membership. Read more.
Your Health is Important to Us
In addition to our routine cleaning procedures, we are taking extra precautions now, during our closure to the public, and in the future including:
- Installation of additional mobile sanitizer stations throughout the facility and on the Battleship
- Additional cleaning of restrooms, door handles, and other frequently touched surfaces
- Moving to a “no-touch prop” protocol in education programming
- Modifying hands-on programming to task-based programming
These extra measures are being undertaken to help prevent the spread of CVID-19 and to keep our visitors healthy.
We also support and recommend that everyone follow the guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) regarding how to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Information is available at https://www.cdc.gov
Support the Nauticus Foundation
Our mission is to benefit the community through education, impactful experiences and by sharing access to maritime resources. Please consider supporting the Nauticus Foundation to help further our mission during these uncertain times, so we can continue to provide the community with engaging content and welcome you back to our campus soon.
Questions? Please contact Rehn West, Development Director.
Support BB64 Cafe & 757 Crave
BB64 Cafe’s sister restaurant, 757 Crave Downtown, is offering takeout and delivery through DoorDash, Postmates, and Uber Eats from their location at 142 West York St in Norfolk. For curbside carryout please call (757)226-8999. Their menu can be seen on www.757crave.co.