There’s no comparing the awe-inspiring nature of a Museum visit to a typical day in the classroom.
Bring your students to experience hands-on, real world examples of science and the maritime industry. Expand your class’ field trip experience beyond our exhibit halls with the addition of a 3D film, traveling exhibition or STEM based program led by one of our educators.
COVID19 UPDATE: In person field trips and outreach programs may be limited as well as certain assets on the Nauticus campus. Please contact the reservations department for more details.
Our Campus & Exhibits
Nauticus features a vast campus home to the Battleship Wisconsin, STEM & Maritime focused Museum and Sailing Center.
- Tour the largest and last Battleship built by the U.S. Navy – Battleship Wisconsin
- Watch the earth from 22,000 miles away on our Science on a Sphere
- Touch a horseshoe crab, sea star and more in our touch tank!
- Learn about Sharks in the Shark Lab
- Watch a large screen movie in our 3D Theater
- Learn the art and science behind sailing featuring a fleet our Harbor 20’s at Sail Nauticus & the historic tallship, schooner Virginia
- Shop in the Banana Pier Gift Shop
Add-On Education Programs
Our educator led programs meet SOL requirements featuring the Battleship Wisconsin and Nauticus exhibits available virtually, at the Museum and on your campus.
3D Educational Films
Add a whole new dimension to your field trip with a totally immersive 3D film experience! Films are included in field trip admission price.
COVID-19 Update – Due to the current pandemic, our theatre is temporarily closed to guests. Please contact Reservations or at 757-664-1034 for more information relating to COVID19 and Field Trips/Reservations.
Pricing, Policies, and FAQs
Be sure to review our policies and procedures to ensure your and your students have a successful museum experience.
- Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Teacher / Chaperone Admission
- Before your field Trip
- On Field Trip Day
- Museum Expectation
The Big Wisky Café located inside Nauticus offers a variety of box lunches to suit the needs of your group. Minimum of 10 box lunches must be ordered.
Please contact the reservation office to place your order.
Nauticus Student Access Program
Nauticus offers financial assistance to qualifying schools for Museum field trips and educational programming.
For more information about field trips, please contact our Group Sales Manager.
- Phone: (757) 664-1034, (800) 664-1080 ext. 41034
- Fax: (757) 623-1287
- E-mail: Groups@Nauticus.org