Game Changers Exhibition
New Traveling Exhibit
January 28 – April 30, 2023
Are you Ready to Level Up?
This spring discover how innovation has shaped the video game industry! Game Changers takes you on a fascinating journey, exploring the past and uncovering the future of gaming.
Explore over 120 of the most influential games that have transformed the gaming scene and test your skills with 16 games that have significantly changed the gaming experience, including Pac-Man, Super Mario Bros., Tetris, Angry Birds, Space Invaders, Flower, and Adventure.
No tokens or quarters necessary to play! Access to Game Changers is included in Nauticus’ general admission ticket.
As always, Nauticus Members visit FREE! Join today.
explore the past, present and future of gaming
16 Playable Games
Test your skills at 16 legendary games to include Pacman, Donkey Kong, Super Mario 64, Flower & MORE! No tokens or quarters necessary to play.
Metronet Xbox Arena
Challenge your friends in the Metronet Xbox Arena at more than 12 of your favorite Xbox games including Halo, Mortal Kombat, Call of Duty and more.
sTEP INSIDE A GAME
Step inside a game and see yourself as the video game character!
Retro Video Game Music
Discover how audio has evolved and created the immersive environment of current video gaming systems.
FREE Activity Sheet Download ↓
See if you can find the names of the games coming to Nauticus in our word search!
- Space Invaders
- Donkey Kong
- Star Hawk
- Super Mario 64
- Flower (PS3)
- Super Mario Bros
- Kinect Sports (Xbox)
- Angry Birds
- Xbox 360 including Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection, Marvel vs Capcom II, Street Fighter 3 and more!
During the run of the exhibit, Nauticus will host several event days providing visitors unique access to the exhibition.
SAVE THE DATE!
- GamerBus Sundays at Nauticus from 12PM – 3PM on February 19, March 12, March 26, April 2, April 16, April 23
- Nauticus After Dark: Game Changers on Thursday, March 23 | 6PM – 9PM
- Game Changers – Super Smash Bros. Tournament – Sat., April 1st | 11AM – 2PM
- And more to be added soon!
At Game Changers, you will experience video game evolution, from memorable Pong to the photorealistic, immersive games of today. Try your hand at operating a supersized Nintendo controller, playing Tetris on a giant Game Boy, and testing your knowledge of retro video game music. You can even step inside a game and become a character yourself!
Experiment with augmented reality and examine upcoming video game trends while imagining what gaming will look like in the future.
- Step inside a game and become a video game character – using Kinect technology, try out different costumes and accessories from your favorite characters
- Create your own 8-bit character on a large-scale pixel wall
- Play a game developed for people with vision loss, and discover how the gaming experience changes when the graphics are removed
- Working with a partner, operate a supersized NES controller to play a game of Super Mario Bros
- Play Tetris on a giant Game Boy
- Play a sound-matching game and test your knowledge of retro video game music
- Discover original concept art, storyboards, level designs, and scripts of some of the most influential games ever developed
- Listen to experts from the industry explain how they develop the games you love
- Explore iconic video game music and sound to learn how it has changed the gaming experience
- Explore the technologies that game creators use to develop increasingly sophisticated storylines, graphics, gameplay, and audio
- Experiment with augmented reality and virtual reality and see how these technologies may alter the gaming experience
- Examine future video game trends and imagine what gaming could be!
Game Changers is developed and produced by the Canada Science and Technology Museum. The Game Changers tour is managed by Science North.