October 23 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
We’re creepy and we’re kooky, mysterious and ooky….spend the day “grossing out” at Nauticus with stomach-turning science activities, exploring the strange denizens of the sea, and discovering some dirty jobs aboard the BB64. Yuckology Day will be a costume-friendly event.
- Icky Ichthyology: Uncover weird and fascinating facts about the sea creatures that reside here at Nauticus.
- Sea Turtle Stomach Contents: You are what you eat! Identify sea turtle species by their diet as you perform a sea turtle stomach content analysis.
- Habitat on the Hull: Explore the marine animals found in the Elizabeth River that grow on the hull of the Wisconsin by examining a microhabitat.
- Talking Trash: How does the Navy process waste when out at sea? Find out as we talk trash.
- Dissections: Get an inside look at some creepy sea critters as we dissect sharks, clams, lampreys, and more!
- Fish printing: Express your artistic side with Gyotaku, the ancient Japanese art of fish printing.
Purchase tickets here.