A History of Hospitality.
Thomas Jefferson arrived in Norfolk on November 23, 1789, after a two-month passage across the Atlantic. Before returning to his home in Charlottesville, Jefferson stayed in Norfolk visiting friends and enjoying the city’s hospitality. More than two hundred years later, cruisers are rediscovering this historic seaport. Whether you opt for a pre/post package through your travel agent or just want to come a few days early, Norfolk will roll out the red carpet.
Within walking distance of your cruise ship, you can explore Nauticus and discover the Battleship Wisconsin. Spend a night or two in one of our area hotels and the following day in neighboring Colonial Williamsburg.
Bringing the kids along? How about a trip to nearby Virginia Beach or a day at Busch Gardens? Visit the Chrysler Museum of Art and see why the New York Times calls Norfolk a “cultural center of note”. The list goes on and on…
For more information on pre/post packages or for help planning your trip to Norfolk, please call Visit Norfolk at 1-757-664-6620.
Norfolk has so many attractions just steps away from the Decker Half Moone Center! Here are just a few fun things that you can do within walking distance of your ship.
- Nauticus & the Battleship Wisconsin
- Visit Norfolk – Attractions, Sightseeing & Tour Info
- Waterside District – A waterfront dining & shopping experience
- The Main – An upscale hotel, dining & meeting destination
- MacArthur Center – Indoor shopping, dining & movie theater
- Slover Library – A new, state-of-the art library of fun!
- Cannonball Trail Tour – Explore the history of Norfolk’s Cannonball Trail
- Norfolk Pace – Grab a bike and explore the city!
Grab a bike at one of Norfolk’s many Pace locations or catch a ride to any of these great day-trip attractions.
- Virginia Zoo – Spend the day with the animals!
- Norfolk Botanical Gardens – Explore fascinating garden landscapes
- Chrysler Museum of Art – Enjoy a variety of history and modern art collections
- Perry Glass Studio – Learn the art of glass blowing at the Chrysler Museum’s sister studio
- Virginia Beach Oceanfront – Explore all that the Virginia Beach oceanfront has to offer
- Virginia Aquarium – Learn about the local marine wildlife in Hampton Roads
- Colonial Williamsburg – Dive into the rich history of our Nation’s birth
- Busch Gardens – Embrace your inner child with thrill rides and shows at this great amusement park!
- Water Country USA – Stay cool at Busch Garden’s sister water park!