MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU
By Molly Graham, Education Specialist
Make Your Own X Wing (or other space craft)
- Toilet Paper or Paper Towel tube.
- Cardboard strips (for wings)
- Paper strips (for accessories)
- Tape or glue
- Cut a notch in each side of the toilet paper tube, creating a notch for the cardboard strip “wings” to fit into.
- Fold each carboard strip in half and rest them in the notches that you cut in step 1. The wings should create a “V” shape on either side of the tube. Secure the wings with tape or glue.
- Make the “nose” of the ship by creating a cone out of one of your paper strips. Attach the nose to the end of the toilet paper tube.
- Create the wing accessories but rolling paper strips into tubes. Fasten one tube to the end of each wing.
- Decorate! Get as creative as you want here!
Notes and Variations:
Try out different wing designs and see if you can create a unique Star Wars style space craft from your own imagination!