Volunteer at Nauticus
Make Waves as a Nauticus Volunteer!
If you love Nauticus and the Battleship Wisconsin as much as we do, then come join us! Learn more about benefits and available positions below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Nauticus has a variety of volunteer opportunities available for:
- Adults (ages 18+)
- Youth (age 14-17)
- College Students
- Groups (one time, periodic and Restore BB-64)
Whether you’re helping to restore the Battleship Wisconsin, instructing youth groups on the water in sailing skills, showing a child how to touch a horseshoe crab, helping a guest find the perfect souvenir or providing support to our office staff, you will be an invaluable part of our crew! Individual volunteers must submit the online application, successfully complete an interview, a background screening (if over age 18) and attend a volunteer orientation prior to their service. Group volunteers please contact Juli Mansfield by emailing Volunteer Resources or calling (757) 664-1043.
Available Volunteer Positions
Click on a link below to learn about an available volunteer position. Check again soon as new positions are always being added.
- Battleship Crew Member (age 18+)
- Preservation Crew Member (age 18+)
- Battleship Overnight Assistant (age 18+)
Banana Pier Gift Shop
- Gift Shop Associate (age 14+)
- Academy Instructor (age 18+)
- Assistant Race Officer (age 18+)
- Sailing Camp Assistant (age 16+)
- Fleet Upkeep Specialist (age 18+)
- Sailing Captain (age 18+)
- Administrative Associate (age 17+)
Internships at Nauticus
For questions about Nauticus internships, please contact Volunteer Resources at (757) 664-1043 or email the Internship Coordinator.
Nauticus offers volunteers the following benefits:
- Free admission to Nauticus
- Free parking during volunteer shifts
- 25% discount on Nauticus tickets for family and friends
- 25% discount in the Banana Pier Gift Shop
- Use of boats at Sail Nauticus
- Discounted menu at “Dockside Cafe”
- Specialized training that will enable you to excel in your volunteer position
- Opportunity to learn valuable skills and establish references for future employment
- Invitations to members-only special events, private parties and social events
- Letters of reference for employment, scholarships and school applications
- Opportunity to broaden and share your knowledge of the environment, maritime industry, science and the military
- Opportunity to work and interact with interesting people from a variety of backgrounds who share a common interest
- Lots of FUN!